Sunday, March 08, 2009

Of Yewtee & Wimpy


Helo folks
Been a long time isnt it?

I just realized times really flies. For people like me that is.
I just knew i couldnt do a benjamin buttons (reverse aging) or Dracula (time is eternal) and went through the trials and tribulations of a mere mortal.

1. I was out with Kenneth and gang and realized sometimes I feel so out of place. With discussions on kindergarten, hdb flats, marriage, kids, tying the knot... I feel the times when we would discuss about how A and break B, and B goes out with someone else.. so mediocure.. and small?

2. My little niece can call me 'uncle' already. I remembered looking at her in the hospital infancy ward making funny faces at her and hope she will call me uncle next time.

3. When the last cheong session I have? Eons ago. When was the last drinking session? Jurassic ages ago.
I find tt techno is beginning to bore the hell out of me and the music so blaring.. and nowadays I am listening to ... (ready for this ) OLDIES compliation by High Society.

4. I find myself particularly lonely at times. You remember the last thunderstorms weeks earlier? I was driving in the nite and the storm proved too much for me to see the front, I promptlly stop by the sideroad, hazard lights on, closed my eyes and listened to ... (ready again) OLDIES Compliation till the rain subsides.

5. I didnt get as much calls as last time. Still remember the times when my khakis will call me middle of the nite, beginning of the week, end of the week.. "AI CHEONG MAI! XD " and i will be there. Cheering glasses and making passes at innocents opp sexes walking by. those were the days... now.. where are them?

"Busy with kid enrolment in pri sch.. you know how the voting can make a break a parent?"

"Busy with mother-in-law birthdays/ anniversay / going for 2nd honeymoon travel etc etc"

So whenn I mentioned when can we go out for drinks again like last time?

" Well, I need to ask (insert wife name) because I have to babysit my son tonite, I'll call you again "

" Sorry the number you call is not available "

" Need to go out with wife's parents tomorrow, and I'm taking my kid to Macdonald for breakfast tml"

Sighz...

As the saying goes, if you can't beat them, you join them.

I think if i carry on to my whims and fancies, I'll probably have friends 10 yrs BELOW me, grow a pot belly and being labelled a 'cheekopek' in those young places.

anyway, my place is bustling with new stores near the MRT. YEwtee residences have a shopping mall below their apartments. and I find subway, Long john, Burger king, jap food, comics stores, watsons, ntuc, and jalan kayu prata store juz a convenient 5 mins away from my house.

5 mins! I am so happy. they even have QB house there. 4 leafs bakery and so much more. Its going to make the value of our flats up for sure. With so many amentities available.

I wonder how long I will stay in Yewtee... its so coincidental.. i didnt get to savour yewtee during the best part of my life. I was drafted to the army the moment I shifted to army. Didnt even get to smell the fresh coat of paint in my bedroom except on weekends, where I spend my time catching up with friends and didnt even take a closer look at the house.

Now? I'm getting too old and tired to look around. Who knows I might get married and shifted someplace else? and with my workload, the last thing I remembered was my pillow and the first thing I woke up is with my pillow as well. Quality of life seems like a dream to me.

Dad seems to be getting overboard as he grows older.
Last nite he won around $600 at the mahjong table. Mum says he will be at some sleazy bars and spend it all.

I didnt know abt the aftermath, but I did knew he came home ard 2am, and started pounding at the door.
Mum shut and latched the door. I was you-tubing, and the distubances of the door knob turning went on and on for the 40mins or so. until it dissipate.
Where he spend his nite I never knew. But my heart went cold, because this place is just a house to me, Never a home. What is family values to me? Or to him? did he give a shit? do i have to give a shit abt someone who nvr give a shit abt us?

Mum called up our relatives today and one of them say

" He wants to beat mum up and HE CAME HOME AT 11pm and was locked out from the hse "

Another says "he's right here gambling now"

So my mum called him up, and he had the audacity to say " I go drinking cannot issit?"

That's why I feel its a pity my dad is not into sales. He would be a president of an MLM company right now. Lying through his nose and still feel godly about it.
Sometimes life is... so... unpredictable. People ages, and accept their age. Some ppl ages, and starts acting like some spoilt brat in his teens. Some ppl, sighs.. some ppl... deserves to be struck by lightning.

Anyway, I am contemplating to go for Lasik. Its a small risk to bear I know, but goodbye to specs. Its getting cheaper, now NTUC is launching a 2K for 2 eyes at the Lasik Centre in Paragon. Cheapest I heard so far.

And comes to the final part of this entry, the wimpy part.
I actually cried watching << Marley and Me>> . I duno why I cried.
perhaps Marley was a good dog that touched me. Perhaps it wwas the close unity of the family I could nvr have, touched me.

For someone who have never cried for the past few yrs, since she left that is. I find this overwhelming sense of sadness overcoming me at the cinema.

This show is a must see for everyone, who feels life is a shade of grey and sunshine.. never pass through your windows.

2 Comments:

Blogger 小秀秀 said...

haha well i wasnt in the discussion of babies, hdb, marriage etc wor.. and my frens and i do not haf such topics too.. maybe u can join my grp of frens for meet up next time huh? :P

9:07 AM  
Blogger lilsmurfy said...

sometimes i missed the good old life of no worries...

but we just gotta keep up with the current pace of our life...

the past (the sweet, not the ugly), is now, just memories, with a special place in my heart.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home