Saturday, March 17, 2007

IT FAIR 2007


I had never missed any of the IT Fair for the past 3 years. No reason to be missing this one.

As usual the crowds is a killer, I spend a day off on MC to go and visit the fair on Thursday. (Luckily my boss duno lolxx)

But it beats taking an MC going to buy MAYDAY tickets right HAHA! (just joking joey)

Wow the models so chio there! There's the chio Nikon Model so pretty I couldnt help taking a snapshot of her. (From afar)

then there's the Canon and Olympus models which wasnt too bad. but too bad I didn't see Kanny the famous blogger model who is always in those shows. and Cassandra didnt turn up this year.

I didnt expect to buy anything. I was like merely browsing. but it didnt help because seeing people lugging laptops, cameras, LCDs, printers, I CANT HELP MYSELF FROM BUYING!

So in the end, the Samsung booth was sounding out some really cool discount from the PA system, I ventured to take a look...

and I fell in love.

No, not the ladies at the counter DUMBASS.

its the YP-K3 Mp3 player. (See inset)

OMG its so sleek its so nice and its black! You heard of the LG chocolate phone right? They're using the same technology, heat sensored buttons to activate the controls. pretty cool stuff. Blue light emitting from the black surface. only cons is that it is way too smooth and prone to scratches. you'll probably need to spend another amount to get it wrapped up, completely. and its having a $10 off so I grabbed it anyway. 200hundred over dollars only. pretty cheap for a sleek Mp3.

then I went to the back and saw eastgear (Company name) is selling GPS navigation software for S$99.00. (I kinda think its damn exp) so in order to entice the buyers, they bundled the Malaysia & Singapore map together for S$199 and you get a GPS receiver free.

It looks too good to be missed. Having the GPS integrated into my PDA and placing the receiver in the car would prevent people like me from losing my way on the roads again. COOL!!!

Its those voice integrated system. it will read out "Turn left into PIE" and other directional instructions. pretty sophiscated stuffs. that explains why this software is pretty expensive.

-So I bought it-

I bought a thumbdrive 1gB for $19.90 from a booth there. Kinda cheap. In the end I gave it away to a malay colleague of mine whom helped me booked a chalet in Sembawang sometimes ago. More like a Thank-you-repayment. hehe (I had to lie to him and say i won this in the IT fair so he could accept it =x )

and lastly I bought a 80GB HDD portable. something I wanted long ago. You see, desktop is dying recently. I was thinking its time to back up those files and I would need plenty of space to do that. pretty cheap, $105?

It was an eventful day, chiobus to see, gadgets to buy. and best of all, no weekend crowds!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home