Saturday, February 10, 2007

That 7% GST and the behaviour of ‘poor people’



We all knew it. We all anticipated it. When we voted for the Gahmen, this is what would happen soon enough.

I wonder if anyone would be ‘cushioned’ enough by the package that the gahmen had mapped out for us. But believe it or not, its only the ‘either you take it or leave it’ scenario for us. Singaporeans are very cooperative. Complain a lil bit, but in the end, swallow that last remaining pride and get over it.

Living in Singapore is tough. I mean, look at the number of gantries in town. And I am not mentioning just the ERP’s. the godamn parking lot just cost $8 an hr if you park it in Shenton way. (I could have ate a LARGE plate of chicken rice just for $8 PLUS DESSERTS.)

An hour to rest your tyres for 8 freaking dollars?!! Its not that they thrown in a free car shampoo for your parking! HELLO!!!

Believe it or not. I am taking in all the vibes of the 7%. Yeah, I believed I am going to do something which is more impulsive than marriage this year. I’m taking in a 2nd wife (if you know what I mean in context) and its gonna be 10 yr-long affair.

Currently its in bidding stage, lets hope the bank approve of my loan. Then I’ll celebrate the next 10yrs of being in debts. *HORRAY*

Lets talk about people. People whom doesn’t really talk much about their wealth and suddenly you spot that familiar Gucci bag or that new ride the next month. But of course, not before they proclaimed they are ‘poor’ on many many occasions.

I had many of those friends. Seriously, I just don’t geddit when people kept telling me they are poor and yet could afford a lot of stuffs the next morning. I had nothing against them on this, but I would really like to know, how much is defined as ‘poor’ or ‘rich’?

I had friends whom kept telling me they are poor to scam a meal outta me. Sure, I mean if its just a few dollars I take it as a joke. But if you are poor, I’ll believe you. But I can’t believe is, you are poor one instance, and the next time I see you, you’re driving a volkswagon in town. That’s hardly honest. And that is hardly ‘poor’. Right?

You could tell me “People don’t talk about wealth because they don’t flaunt it.” Well said. (Sorry I should say is, well said bunch of rubbish!)

How much damage could it be, to tell me, that you ain’t as poor as suppose to be? I mean you could tell me, you had been hogging on instant noodles for the past 1month, and the next month, you’re taking your whole family to Europe on a all-expenses paid trip? That’s hardly mathematics.

I know there are people out there, who heard or probably seen how much I had in my account. I mean, look, I could hardly deny it. Nor could I admit it. Figures don’t lie. But how one deal with the figures is another thing altogether.

To tell you the truth, I am a very naïve person. I am naïve because, I trust my friend. I turn naïve because, you are my friend, you tell me you are poor, I trusted you, I probably give you a meal or 2 when we are hanging out. Fair and square.

but just a little honestly, out of my friends, goes a long way. (and of course, less spreading of how much I had in my account would help LOL)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

why u are still so naive at this age? u can give a person a benefit of doubt but not to trust them whole heartedly. sales person shld be more crafty but u r opp ..always kenna con Lol hohoho

i still dun have money to buy gucci and drive an expensive car. if i can afford i let u know ok

1:25 AM  
Blogger eternal-east said...

No, I dun trust them Entirely, but as a friend if you tell me something, I'll rather trust you first (and doubt you later if I find out)

rather than doubt you first and (trust you later, if you bother to find out)

its like a verdict sort of thing. do you proclaim GUILTY first then innocence later? or innocent until proven guilty? makes you have a different perspective in life.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home