Monday, April 16, 2007

Matt's birthday & more events


Attended Matt's birthday last Friday at a place called Bottle Tree Village. It is located at a very ulu samy place called Jalan Mempurong. (Cant blame you if doesnt ring a bell, me either)


Meet up with Evon to go together. I was late (as usual). Nowadays I am anything but early. lolx Took a cab to Sembawang MRT and fetch Evon then proceed down to that ulu place. Wah lau, you are right, we got lost. it is somewhere at the extreme end of the island where you could see Malaysia right opposite.


But the ambience is quite alright. Cool waters and its a seafood place. they sell Zhi char gourment and stuffs. Ala-carte style.


There were Joaniki, Belinda, Cynthia, Fook, and the lovely Cherise, Kenneth, Barty, me and of course the birthday boy Matt. We ordered quite a lot of stuffs and the bill come close to around $200+ but of course it helps when there is 8 of us. Chilli crabs, pepper crabs, chicken, stew, pork, veggies, buns, slurps. Good feast.


It is also the first time I meet up with the folks since the incident. Found that I had somehow drifted quite far from them. But who could blame anyone? its just a phase I guess. haiz. I was quite quiet during the dinner, most of the time I was shaking Cherise stroller gently as she is quite weepy that night.


Hope Matt is happy that dinner. After dinner, the usual headache will always come " what comes after dinner? " Some of us suggested Movies, then some suggested MINDS Cafe. In the end we opted for MINDS Cafe and had some brainy games which tested our IQ and EQ. I had fun. I guess it was fun? Geez nowdays I hardly knew what's fun anymore.


Some events coming soon which makes me so looking forward;

1) Hills have Eyes 2 at Vivocity Premier;

2) Bice Bistro Opening at the Cannery;

3) Vehicle Maintenance Course organised by Comfort Delgro (will be attending with Matt)

4) Taipei trip;

5) Paperwork day for car;

6) Car collection day;


I once taught myself a cold grim fact. the fact that if I remain stagnant and not create events to brighten my life.. there simply is NOTHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO. Being single have its flaws. The flaws of nobody giving a shit about you and the dreadful loneliness.


That is why I created so much 'waves' for myself, so much things I could have ignored, like the mail asking me to attend Bice Bistro Opening or the coming movie that could be watched many weeks after. I kept myself busy because I didn't want to remain stagnant. I guess I managed to turn my life around slightly. Not too much, but good enough.


I'm turning 29 this year! *gasps* its only like 4 more months to my birthday. What have I achieved? Have I turned into some tycoon like those ppl said? "east is very rich, can afford a vehicle etc" I just think those perceptions are just so unfounded. I pay instalments like everyone else. I pay taxes like everyone else. certainly not those tycoon character which other perceived to be.


I guess I'll hold one helluva party in St James. Had intention to get the VIP corner at Powerhouse. yeah, I think I'll do that. Somemore they had birthday package that let you 8? More perks being a member than normal consumer. Perhaps I'll rent a villa in Bintan and invite all my good folks over? dun think they'll wanna fork out the boating fees yeah?


Too many thoughts on my mind. Mummy is coming back to Singapore. I as usual, will probably lie low and watch her from the departure hall when everyone is sending her off (like last time). Sometimes, fate gave me a bad hand, and I just had to carry on playing the cards which I was unfairly dealth.


Sometimes I wish Life is like the PS2 I owned, when everything is going against you, all you had to do is to press 'reset'.


But life isnt easy to start with? right? heh.


Swallow it, east. Swallow it.

4 Comments:

Blogger レイチェル said...

Single = lonely meh? lolx
And I thought that friends shd celebrate your Bday with you, instead of you planning to get your friends to celebrate with u. kEkEkE...

change a new set of friends ba. Maybe u will feel differently? New friends, New Activities, New Topics. Whahahahahhahaha

I KNOW WHAT U R THINKING ABT!!!!
-I got nutting against yr current friends actually.. =P

9:23 AM  
Blogger eternal-east said...

It's sad when u're going to 30 and u're gonna overhaul your surroundings and friends. make you feel life isnt much looking fwd to lolx this is a big decison ok

4:57 PM  
Blogger joey said...

dun be dumbz again east eternal
after so manys u still no courage to face mummy...i think u r mad

9:30 PM  
Blogger joey said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mou5xLWg_SA&mode=related&search=

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home