Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sealing the deal


Yup. I finally seal the deal.

Adwin called me up this week to inked the deal. I took a half a day off this Friday to run some personal errands and went to Benoi to sign the papers.

As every new bird in the coy, I was to be put on probation for 6 mths. Haiz.. 6 mths is a long time if you asked me. PSM was only 3 mths probation. Worst thing is, on the contract it stated, 'probation termination notice will be given one day. ' POwerful. Which means, for those whose english sounds like steven lim (lol), it means, they are happy to boot me, say, after 6pm on my first day at work. *risky*

But the perks are stated very clearly though. transportation allowances, hp allowances and the basic salary. enough to last me for quite a while. I mean, feeding N (my car) is not easy. and my social life is also at stake here.

But so it seems my new boss is on leave today, he told me to look for Jonanthan, (Finance mgr). and Jonanthan told me he is having a meeting, thus pls look for jessy. Jessy who? Jessy is the admin clerk or something. very friendly gal.

and did I tell you that the security guard in my new company premises, resembles a abit like a cross between a cowboy and traffic police? He's always in shades, and he wears that cowboy hat with that big moustache on his face, very comical. He seen me like 3 times already. we talked a little, he says he will reserve a parking lot for me when I report for work lolx.

I signed the paper at 3pm, went to Lot1 for a haircut. Reservist is coming next week. Now my long hair become short short. Can go to camp w/o fear of getting cut anymore.

Ahhh... got to prepare the uniforms and check my SBO, field pack. Never touched them for an entire year. even the helmet is musky and dusty. Heard there will be a route march on the first day, which means, draw arms immediately and head for a 3km walk. Sounds silly isnt it?

Company is buzzing about my resignation ever since Darren made an informal announcement. their export executive is leaving PSM. Jane (my motherly figure in the sales coordinating site) was quite reluctant to see me leave. Rizal, (ball bearing man) was telling me how much different it would be w/o me there. Though lee, adrian and the rest supported my departure.

There was an 'emergency' meeting straight after my resignation. Everyone was hauled to the office by their respective mgrs and talked about new job scopes. (apparently, I tot i was the culprit for this =x).

Juslina (my clerk) was given a cushy job of partnering daniel in the Malaysia sales, in supporting him in paperworks and stuffs. Great opportunity lies for her. Jane duties was subtracted to Juslina, (so gd for jane, can slack somemore). Suhaily and Jo (acct assts) was given addition and subtraction of duties. and it made Jo very pissed off. she banged the table and chair, and rudely told the finance mgr that she took a 4pm off. and nvr did came back for work the following day. She really needs to have some attitude taught.

I was to be given a farewell dinner afterall! I hope it will be a stock-take and farewell dinner though. CY on her personal basis, will host me a private dinner, in an italian restaurant this end of July. I feel so loved from the gestures haha.

This in-camp shld be a breeze. Good news I have Max as PC this year. Haben seen my men for an entire year, hope they are coping well. I still have about 6-7 yrs of reservist left. seems like a long journey to me. =/

I went for the Lancerian polo-tee shirts collection today. its at the stadium walk where Macdonalds is. The parking lot was hugeeeee! I was so paiseh, I saw a crowd of ppl residing at the carpark, thinking its the LMC folks, and to my surprise, its the Mazda forum guys. (they're having the gathering in the same area). I immediately drove off and relocate them. haha

The polo-tee looks nice. A nice red logo, with the website behind the shirt. its made of dry-fit material. and a yellow embossed name 'east' on the right sleeve. For $18, its definitely nicely made. Great job for the moderators in the forum.

Tomorrow I will be going to the zoo! seems like a long time since I visited the zoo. On a saturday, hope it doesnt rains. the weather is so unpredictable these days. I just want to enjoy myself. that's all.

Have a great weekend folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home