Saturday, April 21, 2007

SABOTAGE


This is gonna be a work-related issue, if the readers feeling like skipping this one, you may do so. lolx


Remember a while ago I was talking about this http://eternal-east.blogspot.com/2006_12_01_archive.html ?


After so many months, the termination letter came with the lawyer endorsemenet.


So I was preparing to send this over, and suddenly the phone call rang. It was my Agent'w Wife, AS.


AS was 'semi-retired' after she had her kids and leave everything to my agent to tidy the business. little did she knew that my agent did not do the business as well and she had more juicy news to reveal.


It seems that my Agent company had been sabotaged. No less. and from their own former staffs.


I knew the former staffs, one is a manager dealing in KL sales, his name's CK. and the other a petite lady call Q. So AS was telling me that CK and AS had took off with all their clients data and joined a rival company in Malaysia.


And prior to this, Q also placed a data-erasing virus in the computer and AS found out and managed to erdicate the virus in time.


Talk about a case of bad business ethics. AS was telling me about how nice she was to both of them, and even present CK a Mont-Blanc Pen as a farewell gift for working with them for 7 years.


I listened with an open-mind and merely shrugged. And when I hanged up the phone, I had to say something like "You have my sympathies."


For my agent, it is really unfortunate to have this happening to them.


BUT I was thinking about what AS said. No staffs will do this to their employers unless the employers did something really bastards to them. I understand that my agent belittle the support staffs and he values sales staffs. For simple reason they bring in the cash. but I would think that there must be other reasons why would the 2 staffs betrayed them.


Maybe the rival company paid them so much they had to betray their own code of conduct. But from my point of view, I knew the MD of the rival company. Meow as a cat. Not really possible.


For watever reason, maybe we would not know. and couldnt find out. and for simple one thing. my company also do not care. why?


We're terminating them as agent this coming week.


Talk about double-blow.


I really pity them. =/


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No staffs will do this to their employers unless the employers did something really bastards to them>>>>i agree with this

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home