Thursday, December 06, 2007

FIRED


Not me.

Although in G, everyone seems like the weakest link now. This has also shown me that everyone is not immune to the temperaments of Adwin.

But who is to blame, for the departure of kenn? He works in G for the past 5-6 yrs. had a wife, a kid and a nice looking honda airwave. Now he had nothing. For all his 'patterns' and 'stunts', i guess he should see it coming.

It was just the beginning of the week. and lunchtime is not even here. He was summoned to the boss office. -closed door-

and the next instance, i was busy with my mountains of assignments and deliveries, I heard shuffling of feet behind me. I heard packing. then Kenn turned to me, gave me a box of namecards.

"For you" he said.

"I am not working anymore"

I tot he was kidding. So I shrugged him off and went to the fax machine outside.

Foreman came, and I caught him talking to him. He told the foreman the same thing, I joined in the joke, I commented.

"He's probably changing tables!"

-Both me and foreman laughed-

but he's not laughing. Only when he passed his laptop to Eric then we realized he's really speaking the truth. then Eric passed me the laptop and says, " congrats now you own a laptop.'

I was stunned.

I heard some news that lead to his departure. He was suppose to be helping with the other dept mgr, but somehow he managed to f**ked up the customer tt day or he nvr went for the job as dicated, so Kelvin(the mgr) came back tt saturday, spoke in fierce harsh tone to Eric (coz kenn is still under Eric until i completely take over). but they stopped when I enter the room.

then Monday came, and Adwin promptly kicked his ass.

So I am suffering right now. For he left quite sudden. and left many tasks/reports undone. and the load of the work goes to none other than me. (sigh)

and I earned myself a nickname across the whole company. They called me "Lee Hsien Yang". -_-" if you read the papers, LHY left Singtel to join F&N, and the next thing, a high mgtment director left the coy. So speculators say LHY joined one place, someone impt must go.

So in this case, they refers to me. -_-" (BUT EXCUSE ME MANZ, LHY have deputies whereever he goes, the ONLY DEPUTIES I HAVE IS MY RIGHT AND LEFT HAND)

I forsee i'll be very busy till there's any replacements coming. (still hoping)

Anyway, I finally get to meet a longtime no see friend of mine. She's working in the insurance and financial line. I guess being in this line, one had learned how to be competitive in order to survive.

So it been quite a while since I saw her. promised to let her take over a 10K account from my CPF. as a moral support to a friend, and let her handle one of my funds. But because we been hogging the deal as I changed job not long ago and we kept missing our apptments, we managed to get it solved tonight.

but it had leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth. For her words, of advices, contains nothing but repriminds of my lack of coverage of my policies and later half-banter jitters on my 'poor financial state' and even offered to borrow me to get a plan.

I was... amused. Never had i seen her behaving like this. She used to be so sweet. issit the environment that changed her? Or issit because i dont understand her well?

So the ultimum came when she casually mentioned abt me being so nice to her in the past while she is a student in Aussie and offered to pay for my policies, I gave her a smiled and replied:

"For what I done in the past for you, I asked for no return. Your kindness I will rememeber. Excuse me but I must go home now"

I dun understand why ppl I knew, (particularly women) always try to 'sell' what I did for them as a return to me. it is quite hurtful to see this. Nothing can be compared in dollars and cents so casually. Even a movie date or a tea apptment, being absent does not equates to paying me a movie ticket, or paying me my starbucks coffee and calling it quits??!!

How would you feel if someone did it to you? and kept compareing it with equal value in terms of monetary? Sorry but doesnt relationships exist? Doesnt feelings exists? Doesnt gratitude exists? If I need money, I'll go to the ATM and press. Not for my friends, especially, to throw at me, after they.. you know.. DO THIS TO ME?

I do think tt there are ppl who values relations out there. but there also are ppl who cheapens it in front of me. Just sad to see this sight.

I guess i'll have to see if there's any reason for me to see her. afterall, I had given her the green light to handle my OA account of 10K. and as a friend, I showed my support, and I'll leave it as that.

Tml there is a function with my nehs and some shipyard staffs in jurong. So another entertaining night ... luckily its at Jurong east, I can eat and f**k off very fast from there hahaha!

So till we blog again guys.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

didnt expect that she will become like that, though vic told mi a few months back that she has also approached him with regards to buying plans.

I hate insurance agents. I really hate them, for their treat friendships like dirts.

Should she find Vic again, I will definitely give her a dressing. We shall see.

As for you, u DESERVE IT LA. who tell u to always give into a chio bu? LOL.

Btw bee, when the hell are u gonna meet mi?

4:04 AM  
Blogger eternal-east said...

SI LANG BEE!
kns.. She used to be so sweeeet leh!
anyway... I guess I wont be seeing her for quite sometime. Until she sorts out what happens. (for herself)

Wanna try the fish spa again? lolx

12:35 PM  
Blogger joey said...

i tot u very niao one..if pple owe u movie tix i expected u to take it back from them too leh..
hmmm

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fish spa, onz! when u free? kranji farm tour soon!

LOL @ joey comments

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home