Sunday, December 16, 2007

Warlord & Zombistic Lifestyle


I find this movie rather meaningful.

The Taiping Rebellion (or Rebellion of Great Peace) was a large-scale revolt against the authority and forces of the Qing Government in China.

This movie starring Jet Li, Andy Lau and Takeshi Kaneshiro was an absolute cast that portrays brotherhood in a raw emotional manner.
One was an ambitious general, one was a loyal brother and the other was a naive follower.

Jet Li was once a general for the Qing dynasty but due to a battle, he lost all thousands of his men and he feigned death to escape the whole scene. His 'aid' the Kui army did not help him instead watch his army fall. He hated the Kui army ever since.

Thus he collabarated with a band of bandits lead by Andy and Takeshi, formed an alliance with them, and seek a come back to the battlefield. Andy and Takeshi respected him and called him 'big brother'.

But JEt Li is a cruel man in this movie. He make use of the bandit army to win the few battles, eventually become one of the famous pioneer in quenching the rebels. He took credit for the battle won but the army only respected Andy lau because 'he really is the leader' in their battalion.

Jet also stole Andy lau wife who was later killed by the younger naive brother, Takeshi. It is a roller coaster events that depicts the human nature, brotherhood and betrayal. All in the name of glory, power and greed.

You guys should go and watch it. It leaves me pondering, if everything in life is predestined that we should repeat history, whether be it in politics, or everyday life, where constant struggles to reach the top, is either by despicable means or true hard work.

Work is becoming heavier as usual. Without Kenn, work is a constant struggle. with Kenn, its still the same. But now without a 'buffer', Eric is constantly checking on me like a hawk. I find this kinda environment suffocating. I wonder... sometimes... if I am really happier in this environment or just go back to PSM. ;/

But I do not give regret a chance to live in my mind. Once you take a step, you can only go forward. Not backwards.

We finally have a chance to enter Jurong Island. The security is really tight there. But once we went across the border, wow, I have never seen such clear skies. For there is no tall buildings there. and the road is smooth. you can fly kites there and there is no disturbances or obstacles.

So in the hot noon, you can find no shade because there are no big trees, only building to hide in. Its a place unlike Singapore.

Company is having a sales dinner this wednesday. The sales team in G is really big though. Diff dept, diff roles. plus the directors and mgrs, I could count about 20 sales staff. The 'elite team' responsible for bringing the dough to G. G had a turnover of a 'few millions' every month. (I was like doing close to 1mil in my own dept for AN ENTIRE YEAR by myself)

No wonder they say the Marine industry is a sunrise industry. All the ppl are so busy that they had no time to spend their money. (not for me though lolx, I got no money and no time BLEH)

Xmas is slowly coming. I almost forgot that Haji is in December! One careful planning of annual leave could gives you 6 days of leave in a single week. (I wish I COULD DO THAT, but in G, no AL, NO AWS- for probation staff)

-I almost feel like i am in jail-

AWS is out for me. They will be getting additonal month pay on the 19th. :(

Anyway, there is nothing for me to look forward to this year. Only in Jan when my probation ends, I will get a mini raise to confirm my post. then in June, there will be an increment raise for all staff (probably 3% which IS REALLY sTINGY)

I shall be planning for a short trip overseas next yr. I am almost bored to death in Singapore. Probably a short 3D2N trip in Bangkok for shopping and clubbing. then I might have to postphone it because THE GAHMEN from the GREEN UNIFORM DEPT demands that I go for my gym class in Jan and it'll last abt 8 weeks.

actually 1 yr is pretty short. With the gahmen breathing on your neck every now and then, the company busy periods, the commitments internal and external, it leaves me very little space for me to think. brood. anaylse.

Feel like a zombie sometimes.

I feel like drinking YET i cant because I am driving now. I feel like clubbing yet I feel restricted because I fear I cant wake up for tml work. I feel like screaming and shouting yet I cant, for because for what I wanted to do, ppl will view me as a nutcase, and nutcases, will be send to specialized institution in Hougang, and I'll lose my job, my mind, everything.

So the pros of being a zombie in Singapore, is probably, everyone is feeling how I felt in Life, so its okay to join the crowd. Being with the majoriy is okay. Just dont stand out.

Watching star awards currently, so sad my bimboistic Fiona Xie and sweet Jeanette is out of the top 10.

OKay I should stop for now. I feel like I have nothing much to say, all i wanna say is...

My only hobby I could do is clicking my mouse in Facebook and earning zombie points.

Perfect for a person like me. DEAD and no life. lolx

TATA!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

u chose this route and like wat u said..there shld be no regret.
of coz with no social life anyone is a zombie.
if u r going to club then dun drive on that day.
wednesday is their fav nite to cheong so dun drive on that day if u know u are going with them.

ur love-hate feelings towards fiona xie is confusing me. and jeanette aw has a funny accent and i dun like her so both out shi dui de lah
mei chou mei chou hehehe

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home